Your brain sends signals to your muscles through your central nervous system. In turn, muscles send reflexes back to the brain to help coordinate movement. Stress or injury will cause a change in this pathway resulting in improper movement causing pain and injury.
The three key components of trigenics are controlled movements, specialized breathing and muscle manipulation. Patients are active participants in the treatment process which allows for more control and feedback.
- Treatment time is 30-45 minutes
- Treatment is recommended 2-3 times a week until resolution
Trigenics is a specialized post-graduate course and is performed by a Registered Massage Therapist, physiotherapist or chiropractor. Trigenists are required to complete a certification and be registered with the Trigenics Institute.
Benefits of Trigenics
- Pain Relief due to activation of neural pathways
- Increase in muscle length and or muscle firing
- Muscle relaxation
- Increase in Range of Motion